the largest cathedral in France
Construction began in 1220. Bishop Evrard blessed this diocese under the reign of King Louis, King of France and son of Philippe the Wise. The first architect was Master Robert de Luzarches. He was followed by Thomas de Cormont, himself followed by his son Renaud de Cormont who had the following inscription made in 1288. (Translation of the inscription on the foundation stone of the labyrinth)
As the largest cathedral in France with an internal volume close to 200,000 m3, ...